Saturday, January 26, 2013

A quiet Saturday....

 
Hubby is sick today and is in bed. I, on the other hand, got up early (as usual) turned on my fairy lights....LOVE the fairly lights
 
 
made myself some tea.....
 
 
after checking out the blogs I follow I decided to make some biscuits. My biscuits contain no lard nor butter, nothing to "cut" in. I only use my organic bread flour, salt, baking powder and buttermilk. If you might be interested in the recipe just give me a holler. It is a recipe all my own.
 
 
If I do say so myself, they are DELISH!!  They are a soft, chewy biscuit.
 
The pot holders are made from wool and then felted.
Ahhhh....another idea for my 2013 "Christmas Box".
 
 
A little later I made chicken and rice soup. Chicken soup IS good when your not feeling well. I read somewhere that it is not a wives tale of old, that it does have healing qualities.
 
 
 

 
I then went on to make these little cuties that Jacquie posted from her blog  bunnymummy.blogspot.com. There other brother is hanging from another plant but he didn't get his picture taken :-)
 

 
I didn't quite have this one done from last week so I finished it up. This pattern came from Lucy @ attic24.typepad.com
 
 
 
I took the non edible fatty stuff from the chicken and rice soup to the cat we adopted last week. I was at work and saw her wondering around and could tell she was quite friendly. I also new she was a stray so I thought.... how would you like to come home with me?? She said okay and away we went. She is very skinny and needs some winter fat on her. You can feel her little hip bones and such. A month of so with mama janie and she'll be as good as new!! We live in the country so we have trouble with mice and the like. I am suppose to be getting a couple more so she'll have company soon.
 
There you have my day....
 
The movie Jerimiah Johnson with Robert Redford is on the TV for about the 10th time in 5 years!!! My husband can watch re-runs like no other. Be glad when he's feeling better and I won't have to be so nice anymore  :-)

 


 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Awww your owl is gorgeous too! I love to think these little chaps are popping up everywhere - I think Jacquie has started an owl invasion! Hope your hubby is feeling better - you are doing really well, my patience usually runs out after a day and a half x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Janie!
    Many thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.
    I love your crafts and your owl!!!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh how I love those biscuits. Wish I was there eating one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to know how to make those biscuits, they look wonderful! I never knew that you could make biscuits like that without shortening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well aunt granny....they are very simple.
      2 cups of bread flour
      1 1/3 cup of buttermilk
      1 tsp of salt
      4 tsp of baking powder.

      I mix the dry ingredients together. Pour in the buttermilk and stir with a spoon. Dough will be very sticky. I then grab a handful of flour and slowly work in, grabbing more if needed, working the dough as little as possible. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Pat out, cut with biscuit cutter and bake at 450 degree oven for to minutes!! They are yummy if I do say so myself. Good luck!!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments. Stop by again!!

Janie